Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#57981 by fsoliver
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 pm
I love the new 3D symbols that are rendered for o2c. I have a project that the client desired a taller upper cabinet, a lighter color wood and a different front and pull than the ones that I found in DataCAD 13. Can someone show me the steps to tweak the ones that are in the symbol library and save them for reuse in another project. I couldn't find this in the DataCAD users manual. I know that you control right click of the mouse but don't see where you can change the pull type or change the glass to wood and such.
#57983 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:08 am
Open them in the Symbol Editor and change them -- Control-Right Click on the unexploded symbol, and select Edit. Once you have changed them, you can do a Save As and use a new name and save it to the folder where you want it. When you exit the SE, don't save (if you have done the Save As). Then do a Replace -- Control-Right Click is a very powerful thing!
#57995 by fsoliver
Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm
Thanks Neil. I am just getting use to the Control-Right Click thing. You can Control-Right Click on many different entities these days.