Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#58292 by sterlingrush
Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 am
What plotter driver is the best for allowing margin changes so a typical title sheet layout fits best on a 24x36" sheet? I would like 1/2" - 5/8" margins instead of 1" margins. I don't have a plotter, I just email to a print shop.
#58296 by MtnArch
Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm
You could also download any plotter driver you'd like and install it as a printer (ie. HP, Canon, etc.) - then you just plot to it, save the PDF, and not actually send it to the plotter. This way you won't have to worry about whether a driver is supported by the OS or not - just install a new, current plotter when the old one isn't updated to the new OS.
#58297 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 pm
Roger D wrote:When I had a similar question, I was referred to Bullzip PDF Printer which seems to work quite well.
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

I assume that referral was made by some extremely intelligent person! (likely quite handsome too!) ;)

Dave
#58298 by Roger D
Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 pm
David's probably right.
If you install a driver like Alan recommends, I'd suggest loading the driver for the plotter where it actually is going to be printed on/at, then it would have setting that are supported by that plotter.
#58650 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 am
It seems to me that you would want to print your .pdfs full size with no additions/reductions for the borders ... to keep things to scale. If you want a certain border distance between the edge of the paper and border lines of your sheet, deal with that in your drawings.