Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4481 by boofredlay
Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:23 am
I would like to have the Draw, Edit and Cleanup toolbars showing.
I am only finding that I can have 2 showing. Icon Toolbar I and Icon Toolbar II.

Is there a way to have all three, or maybe more, showing?

Eric
#4483 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:42 am
We only have 2 toolbars available as you said.

However...there are 2 options for you to get more.

First are you using the context toolbar? This one lets you determine a toolbar to display on it when you enter certain menus. It has it's uses.

Second you can have a toolbar piggyback on the standard toolbar. Open your dcadwin.ini file in notepad (it is in the datacad root folder). Look for the section labeled Keyfile and add the folloing line:

[KeyFile]
Standard=Draw.dtb

Whatever toolbar you type here (draw toolbar shown) will then display as part of the standard toolbar (the one with cut, copy, paste on it).

Hope this helps.
#4484 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:01 am
As of now we can only have two toolbars. I do think we should be able to have an unlimited number of toolbars or at least bump the number up to like 5-10.

Another idea for toolbars is if we could load a toolbar from another toolbar. My ideal setup would be having a drop down button with all of the other toolbars I would want to load into a second, third etc. toolbars. And be able to close them from button, since I use the lock toolbars, and the little x goes away when they are locked. Lots of ideas for toolbars, but too early in the morning... can't go on....
Last edited by joshhuggins on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#4485 by boofredlay
Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:13 am
Can you piggyback on another toolbar. Like draw on the cleanup etc...?
#4486 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:13 am
Hello Eric:

You can use the Context Sensitive Toolbar (CST): in the View/Toolbars/Context, you can set all the main menus to trigger the Clean Up toolbar on the CST. :wink:

Click in the field, then click on the pulldown arrow and select the toolbar that you want to appear for that menu.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#4487 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:14 pm
boofredlay wrote:Can you piggyback on another toolbar. Like draw on the cleanup etc...?

No but you can create your own custom toolbar by combining the draw.dtb file and the cleanup.dtb.

Open both in Notepad, copy the text from the cleanup toolbar and paste it to the bottom of the text in the draw toolbar. Save this a draw-cleanup.dtb or something. This then gives you one toolbar with all the functions of the two.

Does this help? If you are not comforatable I can do this for you and send it to you.
#4488 by Tony Buda
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:25 pm
Neil,
How do you change the CST to trigger something else? I went to View/Toolbars/Context. Do I change the value text?
Tony Buda
#4489 by Heinrich
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:42 pm
If you click in the value box next to the option you want to trigger the CST, an arrow will appear and a drop-down menu with several options appears. I have found this tool to be very usefull with clean-up and doors as well as many other commands.

-Redd
#4495 by Tony Buda
Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:42 pm
Thanks for the info.