Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4511 by Wolfgang2005
Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:30 pm
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO DO RENDERING IN DATACAD10 IF ANYONE KNOWS THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU
#4512 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:01 pm
Hello,

There is o2c...which is not meant to be a rendering program, per se. You can get o2c Interactive! from DataCAD, and use that. It is very easy to use, and yeilds decent results, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg...
#4517 by MtnArch
Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:29 pm
You could try Kerkythea (www.kerkythea.com) as a rendering engine - though it only accepts .3DS and .OBJ.
#4570 by Wolfgang2005
Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:08 pm
No I was wondering if there is a way to actually do a rendering inside of Datacad 10 or maybe 11 I am probably getting next week.

thank you
#4572 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 pm
Only O2C and the built in shader. As of now there are no plans for any high end rendering features for Datacad. Ties to external renders may be in future versions. A Sketch-up tie is supposed to be in the works, but haven't seen anything yet.
#4590 by Nick Pyner
Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:31 pm
Wolfgang2005 wrote:No I was wondering if there is a way to actually do a rendering inside of Datacad 10 or maybe 11 I am probably getting next week.

You can so a lot with o2c. Other than that, the most that you can ever expect is a "trap door" to another rendering programme. IIRC, DataCad did this with Renderstar many years ago. There is no great benefit in doing this, and it wouldn't surprise me that when RenderStar was around, more people used something else.

I assume it's not in V10, but through versions 8 and 9 DataCad provided Renderise Live as a freebie. DCad exports DXFs of the model for it, not hard to do. If you've got, or can beg, borrow or steal an old DataCad CD, RL can serve you well. I have seen it as a freebie with computer magazines over the years, but not for some time.