Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#59103 by ACS
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm
Recently I had to reload my DataCAD 11 after a compter melt down and after formating and reloading and opening up some existing files to plot I noticed I had no plotter driver. I had a Houston Isstuments single pen that gave me good plots when converted into a PDF for the Xerox guy, but since I cannot find any HI plotters I cannot get good plots any more. At best I get a real light line unless I give it a weight of 6, but I cannot do that on all lines. does anyone have a good plotter driver that actually works in DataCAD 11 and beyond... I would really HATE to have to go to AutoCAD over a simple driver issue... :|
#59104 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm
ACS:

Welcome to the forum! Go grab yourself a copy of Bullzip PDF printer. Or, go spend a bajillion dollars on Autocad. Your choice. I might also suggest that with the money you save, you might consider upgrading to DataCAD 15. But then, one of the authors of Autocad might say otherwise. Let me know when you hear from them.

Dave
#59355 by ACS
Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 pm
OK I downloaded the Bullzip driver and today I made the trip to the Repro guy. Hey has a Xerox 8850 printer and the files I sent him are actually worse than before. The Text is so faint you cannot read it and now the border I used before prints off the page. So here is what I need is a driver that will make plots that can be read by a Xerox 8850 or 510DP. Can anyone help...I am at my wits end at this point. it was suggested that I upgrade to Dcad 15, but I am broke and may be out of this business soon, so if you have any ideas that will work with dcad 11 it would be greatly appreciated... :?
#59358 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 pm
It sounds like you may need to check the margins that are set up within Bullzip and verify that they match what you have, and you may need to verify whether the color setting in the driver are overriding your pen settings (and, of course, make sure the drawing is using your correct pen table. You will probably also need to go back and do a new QuickLayout on each sheet (which is probably why the border is off the page).

Good luck, and let us know if you get things figured out!