Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#60622 by fsoliver
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 pm
Is Touchup suppose to use the same Hatch patterns in the support directory?

I see a different listing of hatch patterns under Hatch than I do under TouchUp. I would like to use the same pattern list.

Please advise.
#60626 by MtnArch
Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:22 pm
TouchUp is looking for the old hatch definition file (dcadwin.pat) in the Support Files subdirectory - it doesn't recognize the new DHP format in the Hatch Patterns subdirectory.

One of the problems of an old, very useful macro that hasn't been updated (and may not every be) to work with the new versions of Dcad.
#60631 by fsoliver
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 am
I can't find any PAT files on my HD. I don't know where Touchup is pulling them from.

I am also not sure what you meant by "copy and past the portion"?
#60632 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am
You will need to find an old .PAT file to work with, or at least find out how to format it. The new .DHP are for each individual hatch pattern, instead of being all in one file as it is in the PAT file. The main part of the code is the same, but the header of the DHP file won't work in the PAT file - that is what I meant.

I hope this helps.
#60657 by MtnArch
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 am
It's in the DataCAD\Support Files subdirectory (your DataCAD directory may include the version number).