Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#60845 by galenanderson
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:39 pm
For those architects out there who use Datacade for your door and windows schedules, what sort of process do you use to do that.

currently we use modifiable symbol attributes to populate a grid, but there has to be a better way. Let me know if there is something i am missing in terms of quickly inserting and editing large amounts of text in a table.
#61059 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 pm
I have set up a grid with text placed in each cell. Using PText and selecting the correct insertion point, primarily left center and middle center. I can edit row by without having to move text, just have to edit each cell. Occasionally I have to edit the aspect to help the text fit. As I need more rows, I add them and copy the previous row of text. I hope this helps.
#61061 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:45 pm
If your using symbol attributes you could have an attribute to act as a lookup from a CSV/TXT table and have it populate the other values for other symbol attributes. I don't have time to pull up an example now, but look into symbol attribute CSV lookups. You would have to create or import the window/door data into the table but once done it's done, and with Excel's handy features it can be done fairly quick usually with a little forethought.
#61066 by galenanderson
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 am
joshhuggins wrote:If your using symbol attributes you could have an attribute to act as a lookup from a CSV/TXT table and have it populate the other values for other symbol attributes. I don't have time to pull up an example now, but look into symbol attribute CSV lookups. You would have to create or import the window/door data into the table but once done it's done, and with Excel's handy features it can be done fairly quick usually with a little forethought.

Josh that sounds perfect, but i cannot for the life of me figure out the symbol attributes csv thing. If in the future you get a moment or come across such a file could you help me figure it out.

Thanks, Galen