Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#62974 by nwilkey
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:02 pm
I prefer to use copy and paste between drawings. Somehow I can only use the clipboard in some drawings. How do I turn this off or reset Datacad to use copy and paste?
#62976 by nwilkey
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 pm
Thank you for the reply.

The clipboard folder is empty. I've started and restarted numerous times.

Any other place to turn this feature on/off. It is so frustrating.
#62977 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm
What steps (buttons/keystrokes) are you doing to preform the copy and pasting?

Example:
Ctrl+E to start clipboard select, select entities via EGAFM THEN:
Ctrl+C to Copy or Ctrl+X to Cut
THEN in other drawing
Ctrl+V to Paste

What does the Datacad menu show when you try to paste?
#62978 by Mark Toce
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 pm
There's no option to turn off the ability to use the Clipboard to copy and paste.

At what point during the process is it failing? Can you describe the steps you're using?

A common pitfall is to unknowingly have "Insert Pnt" turned on in the "Add To Set" menu which appears after you choose "Clipboard Select." When this option is on, you must select the insertion point for the data after the step where you copy to the Clipboard (look for the "Enter the insertion point" prompt at the bottom of the screen). Failing to define the insertion point would cause the process to fail.

The solution would be to either turn "Insert Pnt" off or to define the insertion point after copying the information to the Clipboard.
#62979 by nwilkey
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm
What happens...
I select an area and hit control C.
I move to the drawing I want to paste in to.
I hit control V, the clipboard menu opens on the left. Nothing is in the menu and it won't copy my previously copied entities in the new drawing.
This only happens in some drawings--usually a drawing started by another person in our office.
#62980 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 pm
Just a wild guess - in the drawing you're trying to paste in to are you perchance on a locked layer?

Beyond that, I got nothin' ....