Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63029 by Bob Urbanek
Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm
I have a string line dimension that adds up to 1/32" more than the overall dimension. How do I fix that? Thanks in advance.
#63037 by Robert Scott
Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:24 pm
Bob Urbanek wrote:I have a string line dimension that adds up to 1/32" more than the overall dimension. How do I fix that? Thanks in advance.

I find when I have this rare issue it is almost always operator error...angle or line is off. I either correct the geometry...easiest to just draw it over or use rounding.
Other options include exploding the dimension or using non associative dimensioning.
I prefer a clean drawing so my personal preference is to correct the geometry.

Robert
#63038 by MtnArch
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:27 pm
Although I will defend Dcad to the death, I too have found discrepancies like this - EVEN AFTER INPUTTING THE DIMENSIONS DIRECTLY! I have NO idea what's going on (and yes, I **ALWAYS** move my entities to "Zero/Zero/Zero") - it just happens. I will find that some of my dimensions are off by 1/32" no matter what I try to do to make it any more accurate. I agree with Bob - I'll usually just erase the entity and re-draw it - which corrects the error for some reason.
#63039 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:27 am
Thanks for the replies. When something goes wrong, I ALWAYS think it's my fault! It usually is, and I can find my error. I remember this happening at least once before, so I was just trying to find the cause, so that I wouldn't do it anymore. I spent too much time banging my head against the wall, so I just gave up and erased the problem entities, and re-drew them. If it happens again, I will definitely use that method so that I can save time, and bumps on my forehead. :wink:
Bob