Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63083 by CADwk
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 am
Hello Everybody,

I have a question regarding enlarging objects in DATAcad 12. After selecting the enlargement command, what do the enlargement factors mean such as, 0.1, 0.5 etc. Often times, I need to enlarge or invert a title sheet / border for an architectural drawing and I have trouble getting the border adjusted to the right size. For example, sometimes I will XREF a title block that was drawn at 1/8" scale, and need to enlarge it to 1/4" scale. How do I select or calculate the proper scale factor in order to do so.

Thanks in advance for your help, :roll:

CADwk
#63085 by Roger D
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 am
it's the ratio of the denominater between the scales. 1/4 will be .5 of what is drawns for 1/8, 4/8=.5
#63087 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 am
If you invert your example, if you've drawn your titleblock at 1/4" but need it at 1/4" you'll scale it by a factor of 2 (2x's).

The better way to do this is to draw your titleblock at 1:1 (ie. if you use a 24"x36" sheet, draw your titleblock so that it fits on a 24"x36" rectangle, minus your plotter margins). When you xref it in all you have to remember is the scale that you want the final plot to be at. If you want it to be at 1/4", the factor is 48; if 1/8" it's 96; if it's 1"=20' it's 240.