Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63103 by CADwk
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm
Hello All,

How exactly do the layers work? I want to place a bitmap image beneath my text instead of having it block my text. How exactly do I do this?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

CADwk :roll:
#63104 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:24 pm
The layer order in the Layer Manager, and the Display/Layer Order both come into play with this. If the layer with the bitmap on it is at the top of the list in the LM (or at least above the layer with the text on it, and then if you have either Last or In Order selected in the Display/Layer Order menu - you should be good to go. If you have the text layer active (or any layer active other than the bitmap layer) then that can affect things.

If you have the text on the same layer at the bitmap - use the Move/To back on the bitmap, and that usually does it as well.
#63105 by Roger D
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:56 pm
also might want to have Bitmaps to plot first set on in your pen table.
#63108 by CADwk
Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am
Hey Neil,

Thanks for all your help! You pointed me in the right direction. I did exactly as you said and it worked fine. However, one small tip I learned is that after I did everything you suggested, I had to hit "U" after to update/refresh and it then displayed the drawing on the right layer.

Thanks again for all your help,

CADwk :D