Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63143 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 pm
Is there a way to turn on a set of layers in a GTV Linked Xref across multiple GTV's?
#63150 by Mark Toce
Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:42 am
I may be misunderstanding your question, but I think the answer is yes. When you save a GoTo View in the host drawing, DataCAD records the on/off status of the layers in the current view of the drawing, along with the on/off status of the layers in any XREFs that are currently displayed (on layers that are on in the host file), and that have GTV Link turned on.
#63153 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:59 pm
Sorry for the weak first post, my brain was scrambled yesterday ;)

- Lets say I have a drawing with three layers, Layer 001, Layer A & Layer B
- I have one self xref on Layer 001
- The self xref has Layer A displayed and it has GTV Link turned on
- I have 12 GTV's. Each GTV has Layer 001 on and so the self xref is exposed.
- I want to turn on Layer B on each of the GTV's. The way I understand it, I have to go to each of the 12 GTV's, turn on Layer B on the self xref, and then update the GTV.

If the above is correct, I think my question would be is there a way to turn on Layer B on all 12 GTV's quicker? Thanks for the help. :D
#63155 by Mark Toce
Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 pm
joshhuggins wrote:- I want to turn on Layer B on each of the GTV's. The way I understand it, I have to go to each of the 12 GTV's, turn on Layer B on the self xref, and then update the GTV.

This is correct. I'm afraid there's no quicker way to do it.