Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63507 by CADwk
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:01 am
Hello Everybody,

How would I go about editing an Exref right in the drawing that it is brought into. In other words, I would like to edit the Exref in place.

Thanks for the help,

CADwk :shock:
#63511 by Roger D
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:30 am
CADwk wrote:How would I go about editing an Exref right in the drawing that it is brought into. In other words, I would like to edit the Exref in place.

Only close way is to double click on it (if you have that set in program prefernces) to open the xref, do the editing, save and close, then update your drawing.
#63512 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am
An XRef, by definition, is not editable. You can do as Roger suggests above if you want to make the changes to the XRef's original file. If that's not the case, you could Bind the XRef to a Symbol and edit the result in the Symbol Editor. Of course by doing this, it is no longer an XRef. However, you could then convert the Symbol back to an XRef and save it as a new drawing.

Dave
#63514 by MtnArch
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:01 pm
After a couple of times doing it the way Roger suggested it becomes second nature, and is so, SO fast to do!

Another one of Dave's awesomely crafted ways of being productive - and MUCH easier than the AckCAD way!!