Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63542 by Orba
Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:44 pm
Please, I need to know ha to rotate a material after I save it. I used an image of wood I save from somewhere but even a rotate the image before, when I used it show in the original position.
Can anybody tell me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Orlando Mesa.
Furniture Designer
#63543 by dannac
Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 pm
You will most likely have to open the wood image in a photo editing program, rotate it, and save with different name.
#63544 by Orba
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:02 pm
I do this before I used in Dcad, so I have both pictures, one vertical and other horizontal.
When I load it to Dcad both are in same direction (horizontal).
#63545 by Mark Bell
Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 pm
Hello Orba,

Check you have loaded the correct new image as making a copy of the original image, rotating it 90' then saving it as a different name should work.
#63548 by Mark Bell
Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm
Hello Orba,

Hmmm....the only other things that come to mind is to check the layer you are inserting the bitmap image is not locked or, if you have more than one version of DataCAD installed, that the directory/folder where you saved the rotated image to is the same you access when inserting the image. It should work. Did you open the rotated image in an image editor (Visual Image, Windows etc.) to see it shows as rotated?
#63550 by Orba
Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm
I don't know what is wrong. I thing I do it the right way, but doesn't work.
Yes I open the image like that, and is ok, one vertical and the other horizontal. It's make me crazy.
Thanks for your help.
#63552 by Roger D
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 pm
have only been 1/2 following this post.
Is there a setting for materials by entity or material by layer that could be affecting this?????
#63559 by Orba
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 pm
Have nothing to do with it.
I change this setting back and forward and nothing happens.
Thanks anyway.