Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#63829 by CADwk
Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 pm
Hello DataCAD Pros,

How would I align to objects together? For example, If I have one object at a desired angle and I want to match another object to that same angle, how would I go about doing so? What command could I use?

Hope this makes sence,
Thanks,

CADwk
#63830 by MtnArch
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:33 pm
Start with setting your Tangents so that the cursor aligns with the object you want to rotate, then start the Rotate command (make sure Ortho is on), select a point to rotate around, select the object you want to rotate, then hit "B" (for tangents) and select 2-points, zoom to the object you want to match the angle of, select two points on that object, then zoom back to the object you want to rotate and pick a point in the direction you selected the 2-points with. This will rotate the first object to match the other object.

It sounds harder than it is - play with it a little and I think you'll get it. This is one of the most powerful commands one of my friends ever taught me!
#63831 by Roger D
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 pm
probably a few ways.
If you know the angle, you can rotate to that angle, or rotate/new angle/match and pick the object.
I think someone else talked about using Alt-B to get you to the tangent menu so you are drawing at the same angle.
#63839 by joshhuggins
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 pm
I have an align macro that does some cool stuff but don't remember where I got it. Datacad 9 User Guide maybe? Might be worth seeing if you can track down a copy.