Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#64071 by RPadgett
Sun May 18, 2014 6:45 pm
You can also draw a polyline (in the curves menu) and draw a boundary. I put mine on a separate layer that I can turn on and off, then go to measures/area/select and click on the polyline. The advantage to this way is that it can be a little quicker if you making adjustments etc to a boundary, especially if it has a lot of points.
#64075 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 am
The best method to getting an area that you need to change and get the new area easily, is to use the macro Blocker. The area (and overall dims, room name, etc.) can all be shown on the drawing if you need to, or just be visible and not print. Once you put the boundary in with Blocker, and you change the boundary, you just need to reopen Blocker and the area is updated.

This is how I think Smart Floors will need to work in v17. :D
#64081 by RPadgett
Mon May 19, 2014 8:30 pm
I need to revisit the Blocker macro, I seem to remember having some issue with it previously. I agree with you Neil, that should be a critical part of "smart" floors.