Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#64489 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 am
Use Enlarge, Calc Distance, pick to points of a known distance, then select your image.

If your image width to height ratio is off, you can use Datacad to measure and figure out how much the one direction is off and then use an image editor to stretch/enlarge in one direction to get things back to scale for that direction.
#64491 by jimgoodman
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 am
I find that manipulating the bitmap image files as a a self xref or even an external reference file, offers more flexibility and control than trying to work with it directly. This is especially helpful when trying to rotate the bitmap but works very well for enlargements and even cropping.
#64493 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:46 am
I keep forgetting to try this, thanks Jim. Does the image fidelity stay pretty good when enlarging an image within an xref in different x/y values?
#64494 by jimgoodman
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:50 am
I have not tried a non-proportional enlargement, but the image fidelity hold up the same either way.

Obviously if the original image is distorted, trying to re-scale it back to it's original proportions will always be a bit dodgy.