Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#380 by WizArtist
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:01 pm
I currently use v.10 at home (my personal seat) and have v.11 at work. I have some symbol files that were created with v.11 that I want to make usable at home on v.10. I have tried DXFing them straight out, DXFing from CorelDraw, Copy/Paste and nothing I've tried will work. How can I fix this problem? I REAAALLLYYY don't want to have to recreate these symbols.
#382 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:25 pm
Hello:

The only way that might work, is to do a DWG Export/Import -- in theory this can support a DSF-->Block-->SM3 transfer. But, as a fallback, you might consider buying DataCAD 11 LT; the cost of which, btw, can be credited towards a full license (last I checked, anyway), if you end up needing it.
#383 by Philip Hart
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:27 pm
The most straightforward way to accomplish this is to place the symbols exploded in a v11 file, then export the drawing file as a dwg file. You can then import the dwg file into v10 and save them as sm3 files. The heart of the problem lies in the difference between v11 dsf file format and the earlier sm3 format. The dsf format provides for advaced symbol attribute supported in v11. The same "backwards compatibility" problems between aec and dc5 files occur with dsf and sm3 files.

Hope this helps.
#387 by WizArtist
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:48 pm
Thanks, the dwg worked. Don't know why I didnt try that, I tried the DXF . :roll: