Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#65031 by Jim Allen
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:10 pm
Trying to find how to make a 2d symbol to represent a smart door. I have made the symbol, but when I insert the door, it shows it hinging so the door swings into the opening. So if the door swings into a room from a hallway, the hinge corner is in the hallway and the door is swinging into the room. There must be a tutorial somewhere.

I have made the symbol and the insertion point is at the bottom left. That's all I can find and it doesn't display correctly.

Jim
#65055 by melina
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:22 pm
My experience is...It seems that a 2d symbol for a smart door has to include all plan characteristics, including jambs (and turn off "include" jambs), how far it is offset from the face of the wall, and swing angle. The parameters that can be set for these things without using a 2d symbol are nullified by that check box.

I had hoped to be able to use a 2d3dsymbol for a door or window, assigning the same symbol to each parameter, but I get funky results, such as the wall not cutting and ghost insertion points when I delete the entity.