Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#65663 by The Canuck
Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:40 pm
So I recently joined the few (maybe many) that have jumped from the PC world to the Mac world. Unfortunately we are stuck needing to have windows available to run DataCAD. Though I am sure we are all patiently waiting for DataCAD to be available for the Mac OS. :)

Everything seems to be working fine, except I cannot open program preferences. I click on it, but DataCAD more or less greys out and is inactive. I cannot find a pop up window anywhere. Now if I do the command "alt+f4", it closes out of something and DataCAD is back up and running like normal. Has anyone run into this whether it is on Parallels or VM Fusion, or Boot Camp? I plan on reaching out to Parallels to see if they have any comments, but thought I would try with you guys first. Doesn't seem to happen in any other programs, granted I really only use Parallels for DataCAD.
#65665 by The Canuck
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:24 pm
Big shout out to Clay Rogers for the help - turns out because I use dual monitors - the window was elsewhere and not on the main monitor, as I have Parallels on one screen and Mac OS on another. Deleting the "DCADWINdialogs.gui" (with DataCAD closed) in the support file of DataCAD 16, then re-opening DataCAD, reset all the windows to be centered in the main screen.

I was getting worried as a few other screens had gone missing, before I received the call from Clay.