Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#65709 by shkoehle
Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm
I currently use Ver 14. It seems that PDF's have become the defacto standard for file distribution on most of my projects.
We are a Low Voltage systems integrator and mostly need to put devices on a floor plan.
What is the easiest way to use a PDF file as either a layer (inserted Bitmap or Image) or as a Xref?
Is this possible on the newer versions> 15, 16 or 17?
It seems I waste a lot of time importing DWG files (if I can get them) and cleaning them up.
I have done screen copys but they lack the resolution I need.
Seems there has to be an easier way to do this..
#65711 by REX PEET
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:18 pm
There are several free utility programs that may be of help. Firstly, "Any - PDF to DWG Converter". But as you mentioned, the dwg file can require lots of cleaning up. Secondly, there is "PD Fill", which can convert a pdf file to an image file; jpg, png, bitmap etc. etc. There is reasonable control of resolution with PD Fill, so you should get acceptable results.
#65719 by melina
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 am
Adobe Acrobat, if you have that, allows the user to save files as images - TIFF, PNG, JPG - under the Save As command. (I have Acrobat Pro 10, not sure of differences between versions). It does a good job.