Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#66146 by Ted B
Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:38 am
I have a potential project collaborator who works in Datacad, but who works primarily in Sketch-up and Layout, so his drawing files are formatted for a white-background with black and light/dark gray lines of several lineweights. I like the look actually, but my office standard set-up is the traditional type of Datacad/Autocad CAD-environment with a dark or black background GUI with white/varicolored lines of one or two lineweights, and the pen-table determining printing lineweights by color assignments.

I do a fair amount of SU and Layout myself, so the "look and feel" is no problem, it's just the gymnastics of changing the preferences back-and-forth that is a bother if I have to do it manually each-time.

To share files I know that I can assign a custom pen-table to address plotting issues, and the file itself retains some of the formatting, but the background colors of the GUI are saved in Datacad basic preferences-menu. Is there a way to "save" or preset them so I don't have to manually go into Preferences to change the GUI settings and the background colors each time I work on one of his files, then manually have to reset back to my office-standard?
Maybe a separate Desktop Icon to start Datacad?

Still using Datacad X3 (hangs head in shame..., bad architect), maybe upgrade to v.17 later this-Spring.
and Sketchup v. 2014 and Layout v. 2014 but switching-over to the 2015 update in April.
#66148 by Roger D
Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 am
There is a way to say custom color palettes, I think it's under the Tools menu pick.
Can look later unless someone else knows better.
#66573 by Roger D
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:31 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:Unfortunately, the background color is not accessible via the Color Palette.

Also accessible from the Program Preference/Interface Tab.