Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#66182 by Bob Urbanek
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:54 pm
I recently got a new computer. Since then, line 1 on my dimensions, intermittently turns off. I have previously had this problem, but not nearly as often. I don't believe I am causing it, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?
Bob
#66183 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:24 am
Check your dcadwin.ini file and make sure you have this line under the General section set to =False
Code: Select all[General]
Suppress Witness Line 1=False
With that set the default for Datacad will be to always draw both lines. Only problem this won't fix any existing dimensions that already have them off. To fix those you will need to use Change, Dimension, Dim Style, and set F2 Line 1 On & F5 Line 2 On, right click once and then select all the dimensions you want to have both lines show.
#66190 by Bob Urbanek
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:37 pm
Thanks Josh, seems to be OK now. While I have your attention, maybe you could help me with this. Since I installed Windows 8 on my new computer, I can no longer use Alt-X to get to the measures menu. Windows over rides the command, and takes me to a different screen. Is there a way to stop windows from doing that?
Thanks,
Bob
#66193 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:30 pm
With Datacad closed, if you open your DCADWIN.MCR file (should be in your Support Files folder) Look for the line for X and is should look like this
Code: Select allX^26#^
If not you can copy and paste this code into your DCADWIN.MCR file and save the file. Start Datacad and you should be all set to go.

If you would prefer it to jump right to a specific measure mode you can add the corisponding F# key to it. For example I have my Alt+X take me directly to Point to Point measure. Here is my code where I added F4 to jump to Point to Point.
Code: Select all// Point to Point
X^26#^F4^
#66230 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:06 am
Ahh sorry I missed that it was Windows overriding you. I tried searching for a Alt+X related issue on Windows 8 but had no luck. Could you be hitting the Windows key instead of the Alt key?
#66231 by Bob Urbanek
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:40 am
Yup, been careful to make sure that I'm pressing Alt+X. I tried searching on my own, with no luck also. I was hoping someone else had the same problem, and found the fix. Seems funny it would be specific to my computer. It''s a brand new system, with a fresh install of Windows8, and an automatic upgrade to 8.1. I'm not very proficient on the tech side of things, but usually get by. Probably need someone with Dave's expertise to figure it out. Thanks for the help.
Bob