Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#66378 by GuyS
Sat May 09, 2015 3:54 pm
Is it possible to run DataCAD on a Mac? If so how would I do it.
#66405 by The Canuck
Thu May 14, 2015 2:47 pm
I am running DataCAD via Parallels. I did this as I wanted DataCAD on one monitor, but all other functions of the Mac on my second screen (internet, emails, etc.) It takes some fine tuning, and there are some nuisances, but I am slowly working through them all. :D
#66407 by GuyS
Thu May 14, 2015 3:09 pm
Thanks Canuck. How long have you been trying to get it work? Neil said there was a thread on the subject but I haven't found it yet (although I just briefly tried the other day).
#66409 by The Canuck
Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm
I have been running it since January. Honestly I think it had to do more with Parallels, and getting the commands to all work. Basically going through and making sure it knows when you hit "F1" it does the PC command and not what it might be on a Mac like changing the brightness, etc. There are other quirks, but you either learn to deal with them, or figure a work-around. Not quite sure how smoothly or less of a pain it is with boot camp. I am sure others can chime in.