Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#66815 by CADwk
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:01 pm
Hello DataCAD professionals,

A few days ago our office upgraded to DataCAD 17 from version 12. One thing I noticed is that I cannot create a Go to View with layers locked as with version 12. For example, in order to save a Go to View, I must first open the Layers Manager and unlock all layers then save my Go to View and return to the Layers Manager a re-lock my desired layers.

Is there an easier way to do this by way of a shortcut or other? Or, can I deactivate this function so that I don't have to lock and re-lock the layers every time I want to save a Go to View?

Thanks in advance for the help, it is greatly appreciated,

CADwk :?
#66822 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:23 am
Hmm should be able to save GTVs as always with locked layers, do it all the time. Is it giving you a message of some sort or is the GTV not toggling the layers propperly when the GTV is selected? Might try doing a purge on the file.
#66910 by CADwk
Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:40 pm
Thanks Josh for the reply,

I get a message that reads: Warning: This GoTo View contains multiple XRefs on locked layers.
The GoTo View Link was unable to be added/Updated for these XRefs.

This started occuring after the office upgraded to DataCAD 17. I never had this problem while using DataCAD 12.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
CADwk
#66911 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:57 pm
In the [XREFS] section of the dcadwin.ini file, add or modify the following key:

Dave