Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#67635 by joust211
Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:38 am
I have been a DataCAD user for a couple years now and we are now re-vamping our templates, symbols, borders, etc.

In an effort to speed up processes and set up standards, I wanted to set up a way to have a template border with a project name and have that border name associated to a text or CSV file.
So my thought is as follows….

If I could have a CSV file (or some other type of file) with a client’s info and have a border which would have the client’s info associated to that CSV file on every sheet…. So we wouldn’t have to copyclip the client info onto every border (sheet), but do it once and it would populate throughout the other sheets…sometimes we have 20+ sheets per project and if we could have all these labels (client data, proj #, dates, etc.) associated to one source for the info…then we do it once…not 20 times…etc. and if we had a change, it would be done at the CSV file and the change would take place in the DataCAD sheets.

Does DataCAD have such a thing?? I looked into creating symbol attributes and created a database, but I couldn’t get it to actually do what I was looking for….

How do other Datacad user do it??
#67636 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 pm
You are on the right track, symbol attributes and databases are what you want to use. I don't have time now for a full reply on the topic right now but wanted to let you know that is the way to go.