Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#67821 by bchrd
Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:33 pm
I have not used multi layout in some time. I went to start laying out sheets and for some reason I cannot see any of my drawings when I click on different part layers. I only get a dashed line box. I tried clicking off "extents" but nothing seems to work.
I at least need to know how to get back to basics, regardless of multi layout so I can scroll thru my layers and look at different parts of assembly and then get the right information on how to start layout out a sheet. I don't honestly remember how to creat the go to views (if that is right term) that I can go grab to place on the sheet.

Brain is getting old apparently. Thanks for any help. I've been working on drawings for days and now time to print for fabrication and stuck!
#67824 by Roger D
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Have the view on the screen be what you want to see.
Select GO to View "F2", make sure the current scale is correct for the view, and then save the view, giving it a name.
Then in the Plot Menu, Muli-Layout, Select Go to View "S7", Pick the view, place it on the drawing, give it a name (Or just hit enter so it has the same name as the view.
Make sure before you pick the view, that "Linked" at S8 is turned on.
#67825 by bchrd
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:55 pm
Roger

I need to know how to create a view of a part and save to that it shows up in the Go to View list as an item I can select. I do not recall the steps to do that. (Also don't remember how to delete older views that show up in the list as choices)
My recollection is that I could go to a drawing and place a box around any part of the drawing I wanted (to create detail drawings) and then save that which I put a box around and then move to another part of drawing and pick another area I want a separate drawing saved of that I can later go paste onto the multi layout sheet. Does that make sense?
#67826 by Roger D
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:03 pm
I think you are refering to using a clip cube.
3D Menu, 3D Views, Clip Cube, and then you can define the rectangle.
You don't really move the drawing around, but probably turn on some different layers to note it up. Then in Multi-layout in the plot menu you place in different locations on the sheet.