Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#68262 by Ted B
Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:59 am
I'm in the middle of upgrading to Datacad-18 and I'm about to do a little customizing of the toolbars, mostly productivity-related commands that I've used in previous versions. I'd like to add some standard icons to the new pull-down commands, but I can't seem to remember where and what the .bmp icons files are to select-from. Years ago I had a few printed-out pages of the icons-then and thumbnails of what they looked-like. I know there are a lot of toolbar icons that you don't see-used on the standard toolbars that I might "borrow"; arrows, editing, drawing, text, etc...

Otherwise, so-far the change-over has been going smoothly.

I'm looking forwards to the greater integration and interoperability between Datacad-18 and Sketchup/Layout-2015.
#68274 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:47 pm
#68276 by Ted B
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:59 pm
Is there a way to see the standard Datacad toolbar icons?

I'd rather not have to make new custom icons. I was hoping to use std. icons in my modified 'Draw' and 'Edit' Toolbars once I had an idea what they look like and their respective bitmap-names. I suspect they are hidden files within Datacad. Is there an external graphic or compilation of the standard Datacad-18 icons somewhere? One of my old Datacad Manuals had an icons bitmap cheat-sheet in an appendix in the back, but I have no idea where it might be after 10-15 years. I just need the file-names for the appropriate icon bitmaps.

Josh,
Your page about toolbars opens, but the icons-link comes-up "page not found" on my browser.
#68280 by joshhuggins
Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 am
Attachments
tbbits.PNG
tbbits.PNG (20.07 KiB) Viewed 11035 times
pgs.PNG
#68457 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 pm
I have updated most of to 32x for anyone who might be a nerd like me too, but pretty sure I'm the only one. :)
#68474 by jimgoodman
Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:54 am
Josh: Great work as always - these are very cool indeed.
Thanks for being the head DataCAD nerd.