Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#5458 by boofredlay
Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:45 am
Can you change the pathway to allow for one click of an icon to a certain macro.
For example, we have a curved leader macro. Instead of going to the open macro file, then find the command performance macro. Then find the curved leader macro.
Can one make it so this happens in one step?

Thanks.
#5459 by Nick Pyner
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:01 pm
You could use a new icon in your icon bar and have this run a keyboard macro. One click, et voila!

I'm sure F1 help, icon toolbars will have it all. This has always been a well documented feature of DataCad and the operations form has been simplified recently.
#5460 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:04 pm
If you want to add a Icon to a toolbar for a macro it's real easy. Below is a icon I have for the Frame it macro. There are four parts to a toolbar macro. Each part is on it's own line. Open the toolbar you want to add the icon to from Support Files\Toolbars\ with notepad or another simple text editor.
Code: Select all[NH-Frame]
Hint=Frame It
Icon=NH-Frame
M=Frame It

[NH-Frame] :arrow: Name or Description for this icon shortcut (for the programmer) I think this needs to be unique, but I'm not sure.
Hint=Frame It :arrow: Hint that will be displayed when the cursor hovers over the icon.
Icon=NH-Frame :arrow: Name of the bitmap located in Support Files\Toolbars that you want to use for the Icon.
M=Frame It :arrow: The M= tells Datacad that you want to call a macro to be activated. Then just add the Name of the macro behind the = symbol.

Hope this helps get you started :mrgreen:
#5461 by Heinrich
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:29 pm
Does this process have to be done on an existing toolbar, or can a new toolbar be created to add several macro icons to?

-Redd
#5462 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 pm
Sure, you can create as many toolbars as you want. The main limit is that you can only have two toolbars on at a time.
#5463 by boofredlay
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:34 pm
Thanks Josh.

One more question. I am getting it to link to the macro list, but not the specific macro.

It will link to the Command Performance macro. Now how do I get it to go the curved leader... which is on F4

Thanks

p.s. what does the Frame it macro do?
#5464 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:59 pm
Instead of using M= which calls only the Macro itself, use A= for adding keystrokes. Here is my curved arrow tool, using Command Performance.

[CARROW]
Hint=Curved Arrow
Icon=CARROW
A=^·^È^;^s9^CMD_PERF$^f4^¸^É

HTH
#5467 by Heinrich
Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:26 pm
Just curious, what is the difference between the .001 and the .dtb files? Editing the .001 files did nothing, but of course the .dtb files worked.

-Redd
#5468 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:34 pm
Heinrich wrote:Just curious, what is the difference between the .001 and the .dtb files? Editing the .001 files did nothing, but of course the .dtb files worked.

-Redd

.001 files are generated during software upgrades. They are the replaced files, in other words, the old version. You can keep them or delete them - your choice.
#5486 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:51 am
joshhuggins wrote:Sure, you can create as many toolbars as you want. The main limit is that you can only have two toolbars on at a time.

Also ... even though you can only have two toolbars displayed at once, you can add an icon on your toolbar(s) to quickly change that toolbar to a different one, using the following code...

Code: Select all[NEW-TOOLBAR]
Hint=Go to toolbar XXXXX
Icon=(toolbar icon)
C=(toolbar name)

Or this code for a drop-down box...

Code: Select all[TOOLBARS]
DropDownCount=3
Hint=More ICON TOOLBARS
Icon=(toolbars icon)

Hint00=Toolbar-1
Icon00=(toolbar 1 icon)
C00=(toolbar 1 name)

Hint01=Toolbar-2
Icon01=(toolbar 2 icon)
C01=(toolbar 2 name)

Hint02=Toolbar-3
Icon02=(toolbar 3 icon)
C02=(toolbar 3 name)
#5487 by devinder
Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:01 am
Open "Program Preferences" Dialog and select "Macros" Tab or click "Toolbox - Configure" menu-item. Click Folder Browse button and select the folder containing macros. Hold down Ctrl Key and select macros you are interested in and Click Add Button. Select the new folder and add more macros. You can add different macros from different folders. Click OK. All your favourites macros will be available under Toolbox Menu-item.