Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#69862 by David Porter
Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:12 pm
In the last two DCAD drawings I have started, when building a 3D model and viewing it with o2c, it is showing some very bad behavior. See the image below. The horizontal brown surface was a completely flat, solid, 2" thick slab. The round columns are solid, 3D vertical cylinders. As I rotate around the model, the hollowness of the various model components moves around and slides up and down the columns like a bug (the real kind, not the software kind). This happens with my office desktop computer and my home laptop so that would seem to rule out a dying video card. I can also export the file by dxf to SketchUp and it all shows up fine in SU.

Anyone having the same behavior? Any fix for this?

Weird.png
#69864 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:01 pm
And I'd say that whatever you're drinking, slide one down to this end of the bar! ;)

Other than that, I have nothing of value to offer.

Dave
#69865 by Robert Scott
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:22 pm
Long shot here: If you opted for the W10 anniversary upgrade it may be a video card issues. Especially if you just happen to be running a 1080 GTX.
I had to roll back Thea Render Studio one build and at the same time upgrade Thea for Sketchup (related but different software).
Others have been bitten worse but that was my only snake attack.

When in doubt...reboot and reload.

Robert
#69872 by David Porter
Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:11 am
Mark gets the prize for this answer and Dave, no zoooop for you or any other kind of libation(s). ;-)

When I did a "reset view" in o2c, everything cleared up. I zoomed down tight on the model and everything remained as solids. Thanks for the tips.