Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#5513 by lefty
Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:24 am
I have drawn in 3d slabs and now I want to put in windows from the AEC_Modl, but a messages says "no walls found to cut" I have my wall slab Zbase @0 and Zheight @9', the windows will be sill @3'-8" head @8'-6". What am I missing?

Philip Tonks
#5521 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:46 pm
Hello Philip,

AEC Modeler requires slabs or vertical polygons to insert windows. Wouldn't be possible that you have 2D lines instead of vertical slabs ?

This message that you report is typical when you try to insert 3D windows into 2D line walls.

The settings must be set ON for "F3 CutWall" in the main menu of AEC_Modl. Is it ?

Hope this helps.
Miguel
#5602 by lefty
Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:56 am
Thanks Miguel, I did use slabs and I did have cutwalls on. It didn't work, but drawing the walls as polygons did work. Thank you for the reply.
"muito prazer"
#5603 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:39 am
Philip,

O prazer é meu.

Which is the DataCAD version you are using ?
I've just tested with both situations, in DataCAD 11.08 Beta (will be promply released) using 2D lines exploded to Polygons and Slabs.

It worked fine at all. I can remember some inconsistencies in previous releases of DC 11. Perhaps you can check for the last update.

Thanks,
Miguel