Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#70099 by unusualrequest
Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:41 am
Hello everyone,
As the title says, can anyone recommend a good/simple/easy to learn program that will render my 2D DataCad floorplans? I just want to apply furniture, floor patterns, color, etc. so the plans pop a little more when someone is looking at them, as opposed to looking at a basic floor plan.

Thanks in advance
#70109 by Robert Scott
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm
1. DataCAD with SPF fill.
2. Photoshop or one of multiple paint programs.
3. Adobe Illustrator.
4. Colored Pencils.
5. Watercolors.
4. 3D modeler and one of any number of rendering engines.

Easy is relative to your skill set.

Robert
If it was really easy I'd have my wife do it .)
#70111 by Robert Scott
Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:28 pm
jimgoodman wrote:Bob: Better hope Ann doesn't see this post...

LOL...yes, that could be an issue :)
#71804 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:37 am
I know this may be a little late, but here multipart video showing some techniques for rending a floor plan with Photoshop. I have used these principles to render interior and exterior elevations as well and they turned out great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vwqoT89j0o

A couple suggestions.
1) Create a pdf of your drawing, I suggest separating the drawings to individual plans and elevations. Then convert to a jpg, use a high dpi, 600 minimum.
2) When done rendering in Photoshop save the image as jpg with the line work layer off. Insert the image into Datacad on separate layer under your drawing.
3) When creating the pdf, use a thin line pen table for all line work. Also turn off the hatches.

I hope this is helpful.