Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#72989 by jimgoodman
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm
Happy 2018 to my DataCAD family.

I am trying to translate drawings from DataCAD to AutoCAD.

We use the "MtlStud" linetype, and when translated, the scale of this linetype is distorted. Is there a way to change the linetype spacing for just this linetype and not all other special linetypes in AutoCAD?

Thanks
#72990 by MtnArch
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:35 pm
It will probably have to be adjusted post-translation via AutoCAD/(enter your AC clone of choice), or you'll have to create a custom linetype in Acad (here's one way: https://www.cad-notes.com/creating-your ... line-type/).
#72993 by jimgoodman
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Thanks Alan.
I would up finding the quick select function in AutoCAD and was able to delete these lines. They were only there to satisfy the architect's never ending need to show too much detail in our drawings.
#72997 by ORWoody
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 am
Jim:
If I understand this correctly, you were wanting to just make the metal stud linetype "go away for the ACAD file. It was in the DCAD file?
If that is the case, masking by Selection Set in DCAD before the translation would have been a quick easy way to erase all occurrences of them with one "Area" selection. After erasing them or changing them to some other line type, it would have been a non-issue in the ACAD file.
Good luck,
Woody