Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#72994 by Bob Urbanek
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:27 pm
Am I able to import a library of textures all at once, for example, Certainteed Monogram vinyl siding? If so, what is the procedure?
Bob
#73017 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:51 pm
What are you using the textures for? Modeling? Bitmap Fills? What file format are the textures in?
#73023 by jimgoodman
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 am
Assuming that the textures are in jpg or other bitmap format, save them to the DataCAD Textures folder and then create the materials in DataCAD using the edit materials function.
You can edit one of the materials included in DataCAD and save as a new material. You will need to try different scaling values to get the siding textures to the correct scale in DataCAD.
#73033 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 pm
Thanks for the replies, Josh and Jim. Yes, for modeling. Certainteed Monogram seems to be preferred by most.Just wanted to have a good representation. I will try your instructions.
Thanks,
Bob
#79326 by dennisnorton
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:55 pm
Why do my materials not display in the Edit Materials Menu? It is just blank. The .jpg files load, etc. but just don't display and makes life miserable trying to make a brick selection. I have tried jpg, png, bmp but doesn't seem to matter.