Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#75811 by joeferguson
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Happy New Year All,

DataCAD was slowing down, doing funny things with the Hatch Manager, so I decided it was time to re-install it. I used the repair option.

The operation went well, my issues went away and I was able to replace all my keyboard shortcuts and command line aliases (major accomplishment for me!)

However, now when I use my center wheel to snap, a GET SNAP popup menu appears. First time I have seen that popup in 14 years going back to DC11. Now the popup slows me down since I don't know how to use it and my snapping doesn't work like it used to, as now I find myself snapping when hovering near a snap point.

How do I get back to what I'm used to? -- center wheel snap and center wheel zoom. No GET SNAP.

Thanks

joe

DC 17, Windows 10
#75812 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 pm
Hi Joe,

If you are on Datacad 17 still, I think you need to disable Inference Snapping which should be located in the Program Prefs, Interface Tab, Dynamic Snapping I believe in v17. If you can't disable it because the check box is checked but grayed out, try turning on Indicator or Hint so you can access the Inference Snapping to un-check it and then you can disable them again if you like.
#75815 by joeferguson
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:05 pm
Thanks Josh

Your suggestion worked as usual.

Don't know how you get any work done with all the help you have given me and others over the years, but it sure is appreciated.

If I ever get that far south, I will ask you for directions to Absolute Zero. I'd like to buy you a coffee (or something).

joe