Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#76561 by GLanguell
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 pm
I installed our corporate typeface TTF Font in Windows 10. I'm running DCAD V19. I've rebooted twice, the new font shows up in Word and Outlook just fine. But not in DCAD!
Anyone have any thoughts on next steps?? Yes, I have both SHX & TTF turned on in Text. Please tell me I just missed something really stupid!
Thanks,
Gene
#76562 by MtnArch
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:26 pm
Just a couple of wild guesses ..

- Add the Windows/Fonts path in the path settings?

- Reboot the computer?
#76563 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm
Locate the font in C:\Windows\Fonts. Double-click on the file to display the font preview dialog (you can also right-click on the file and select Preview). If it's a collection of fonts, you'll need to open the top-level font folder first.

In the upper-left corner of the preview dialog you'll see the name of the font followed by ether (TrueType) or (OpenType). DataCAD only supports TrueType (*.ttf) fonts, not OpenType (*.otf).
#80652 by MSA Consulting
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:30 am
Hi Mark!

I am trying to install further font options into my DataCAD Version 21 software program.
I was pleased to read your feedback from way back just now on the DataCAD Forum and wondered if you can help me further.

I've managed to download C:\Windows\Fonts as instructed but I'm now overwhelmed with so many fonts.

Not having attempted to do this before - what is/are the next step(s) to actually get new fonts into my DataCAD program?
I've noticed that the majority of the fonts shown are .TTF files. As you said - DataCAD only supports TrueType fonts.

Can I just copy and paste these .ttf files into my "Fonts" directory....or would that be reckless?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Mike
Brisbane, Australia