Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#5967 by Rob Hepburn
Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:57 am
Trying to take an existing 6-12 rafter and rotate it to a 8-12. I have tried to match an angle, Dynamically w/ ortho off. Using the "B" comand to have my curser be @ the angle doesn't seem to help. can someone walk me through the steps on taking a 6/12 angle (rafter) and then rotating it to a 8/12 by grouing, fence, ect. Thanks, Rob
#5974 by Rob Hepburn
Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:52 am
Thanks Niel,
After hitting rotate W/ Tangent on and Ortho on, I was forgetting to hit the line I want to rotate again to make it become dashed and then hit the next line to rotate it too. Simple solution. Thanks for the quick response, rob

I did figure out how to get the angle between the two lines and retype it into the rotate new angle but to many steps.
#5976 by Giuseppe Barberio
Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:30 pm
Hi Rob,
You could also hit the Insert key on your keyboard till your in relative cartesian mode and input 12 for X direction & 8 for Y direction. Then just draw a line (with your mouse) back to your start point. Don't forget to hit the Insert key to go back to your orignal input mode.

Afterwards you could still use bisecting tangents to match its angle and stretch to any length with ortho on if need be.

Hope this also helps. If you have other methods I would like to know about it.

Sincerely,

Giuseppe Barberio
#5994 by Rob Hepburn
Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:18 am
Hi again,
Since you asked about another solution to drawing lines at an angle, You can also use direct distance W/ insert tab and then Use "B" to turn your curser parrellel with the line and then put in your distance and move your curser in the direction of the line (W/ Ortho on) and it will draw a line or (walls) in that direction. I like working in Rel polar and keeping it their. TTYL, Rob