Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#77716 by joeferguson
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:33 am
Hi

My old fonts are getting a bit dated. Time to refresh.

Is there a better way to evaluate the DataCAD supplied fonts without going through them one by one in the Font List?

I would like to be able to view them all on one big page, the better to pick the perfect one.

thanks

joe
#77718 by joeferguson
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Thanks, Josh, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Will experiment with characters at a later date.

What started this is I recently reinstalled DataCAD and being wise, I didn't back up keyboard shortcuts and a bunch of other custom changes I have made, so now some of my old files don't print the same as before. Most of that I can fix, just takes time, but I have lost at least a couple of my old fonts that did not reinstall with the new DataCAD: Rockwell and the Swis 721 font. I could swear that these were available on previous installs. Can anyone confirm that?

Also to answer my original post, I found a way to view all fonts together at C:/Windows/Fonts. Interesting that one of the Windows fonts is called, "DataCAD Regular".
#77721 by melina
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:34 pm
Rockwell & Swis721 are TrueType fonts on my system (still Win7). If they are in your Windows Fonts folder, then just make sure to check the TTF box for Font Formats in the Text Style dialog. They should show back up.