Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#77758 by gringojosh
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:27 am
I would like to set up my shortcuts so ideally my drafting hand (right) never has to leave the mouse. Has anyone on this forum created a set of shortcuts that do just that? Do you use a keyboard or a numeric keypad for max efficiency?

Thanks, Josh
#77763 by Dave
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:39 pm
Nothing to do with changing shortcuts but have always thought that left handed mousing is the way to go for cad when using direction distance input. Ever tried buying a left handed track ball?
#78263 by Ted B
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:52 pm
I put my shortcuts in customized toolbar pulldowns to reduce the number of times I have to take my right hand off the mouse.

The foot just broke off my keyboard, so I guess I'm in shopping-mode. I'm tempted to get one of those graphical tablet thingees that uses a 3-button stylus and absolute displacement to go with it. I have several "paint" drawing apps that I've never used-much since they don't like mice.

I kinda hate changing keyboards, mine's a "compact" full-sized keyboard* where the numpad is directly adjacent to the rest of the keyboard without the arrow keys and the used-less keys in-between. Those few inches less make a difference when you're typing-in dimensions and offsets constantly...especially when you need the apostrophe-key (feet) for Sketchup dimensions. It also plaes the mouse those several inches closer to the main-section of the keyboard.
Maybe a mechanical gaming keyboard?
But are they cat hair-proof?

* - I've bought the same keyboard three times over the years. Maybe time for a change.
#78266 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 am
I use a Corsair K95 keyboard so I do all of my panning and PgUp PgDn using the Gkeys with my left hand and it works great. More natural return position for sure. If you want to get really heavy with it you can do pretty much anything you can think of and have different profiles run based on the current active app. Macro recording on it is really handy for complex sequences which I use a lot when I need a specific repetitive task.
Attachments
2020-06-23_224636.jpg