Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#77894 by joeferguson
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:11 am
Thanx to Mark and Woody for yesterday's answers.

Here's another how-to I have been wondering about for years:

I have custom keyboard shortcuts for many of my oft-repeated functions but I can't figure out how to do these ones:

1. Go to layer manager, select a layer, select active only, select OK.

2. Go to layer manager, select all on, select OK.

joe
#77899 by Roger D
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 am
Code: Select all[LAO]
comment=Layers All ON
alias=^:^F3^F2^F5^

Code: Select all[LAA]
comment=Layer Active Only
alias=^:^F3^F4^LayerName$^

instead of LayerName, you could also have ^ªEnter Layer Name^
From the "What's New in Datacad"
You can use the PAUSE character ([ALT] + [0170] "ª") when defining a keyboard macro
string. Inserting this character after a carat "^ª" causes the macro sequence to halt until you
click or type. If the pause character is followed by text (i.e., "^ªThis is a comment"), the text
will be displayed in DataCAD as a prompt. You may not use the dollar sign [$] character in
comment strings.
You can call a command line alias from a keyboard, toolbar, or command line alias macro
sequence, allowing you to chain together existing aliases by name. To call a command line
alias by name, precede the command name with the special character [ALT] + [0169] "©".
For example, (B^;^F7^ªSelect entity to erase^©cp) calls the "cp" alias after going to the Erase
menu and waiting for one input.
#77900 by joeferguson
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:00 am
Thanks, Roger

Your macro looked so simple, I was embarrassed to see the solution was in front of me all the time. For all these years, I have been going to the text symbol to access the layer manager when the F3 key worked as well.

Like an old cow going into the barn, she always goes to the same stall...............

Live and learn.