Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#78579 by seasdes
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:03 am
Is there a way to select a Xref / Selfxref in a drawing and identify which reference it is in the Xref Manager?
I will have a number of these references in my drawing.
#78580 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:09 am
There are a couple different ways to launch the Reference Manager by selecting an xref, and those methods should highlight the xref used when the Reference Manager opens. Usually it will only add a faint dotted outline around the xref in the xref list. Sometimes it does not highlight the xref, if this is the case, I will click the Apply button in the Reference Manager to refresh the list and it will fully highlight the xref in the list.

My preferred method to open the Reference Manager is I have my Program Prefs, Drawings tab, Double Click section, and I have the Reference File Manager box checked. So when I Double Click on an xref it opens in the Reference Manager, and it should highlight the Xref I Dbl Clicked on. If it is not highlighted, I click the Apply button.

The other method I use is to Ctrl+Right Click on the Xref, Xref Tools, Reference Manager. Again, if the xref doesn't highlight, I click the Apply button in the manager to refresh the manager.