Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#78614 by seasdes
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:46 am
A note for all. - A recently found cause for a crash for a file containing a XRef.

I had a master file and a XRef that had Colour Palettes with the same name. However, the master file crashed whenever I selected a colour swatch to change the colour. After many wasted hours I traced the cause to the fact that the colours
for each colour table were different from each other. I reloaded the correct Colour Palettes and the crashing immediately stopped. I need to be more careful with naming Colour Palettes.

PS. I am using V21 of Datacad. However, I cannot see why this post wouldn't apply to other versions.
#78616 by seasdes
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:53 pm
:)

Its good to be able to contribute to this forum rather than just asking questions. This forum has been very helpful to me over the years.

I have been using XRefs more in recent times and after trolling through the various forum posts it appears that Xrefs are a common source of crashes in Datacad. I don't think that it is necessarily due to the software. In this case it was operator error. Maybe other users can post their tips on using Xrefs here for use by other Datacad users??