Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#79538 by Roger D
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:38 pm
Is there a macro that will allow one to enter a text line along a radius?
I know I could do a circular copy of individual letters, but looking for an easier way.
#79551 by Roger D
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:10 pm
I thought I had all the macros from CheapTricks, but now see I am missing one.

ArcText V1.0 by John Fornaro, Design/Program Assocs. This handy macro draws text along an arc at user specified interletter spacing and offset from the arc. $10.00

Don't know if the site is really still active to order from?

Does anyone have this macro, willing to share, sell, reimburse 1/2 the cost?
#80738 by ORWoody
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:08 pm
Laughing at myself here. Over the years, I have done the copy one letter at a time and rotating trick several times. When I was looking at my macro files just now, I see that I have had ArcText for more than twenty years. It was there hiding and being unused. I almost wish that I needed to use it for something tonight.
#80740 by Mark Bell
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:43 am
There's also DataCAD's Visual Font which formed part of the old Visual Reality Suite from v8.5. The program still works in Win10 and it exports to DXF/GED/OBJ formats. It's quick an easy to use and includes a range of 2D and 3D 'shapes' to align text along including curves. The zip file will extract to VF folder and the exe file to run the program (about 700kB).

032522a.jpg

(514.64 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
#80742 by ORWoody
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:13 am
Thanks Mark, for that information. I hope that I still have my Ver. 8 tucked away somewhere.
#80746 by Mark Bell
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:46 pm
ORWoody wrote:Thanks Mark, for that information. I hope that I still have my Ver. 8 tucked away somewhere.

If you can't locate the old v8.5 CD's, use the zip file uploaded which is the whole Visual Font program and runs by itself. it's also useful for 3D signage on buildings.