Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#80708 by Dave
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:42 pm
Hi I'm trying to change the woodgrain hatch angle in the Hatch Pattern Manager from 0 to 90. When I enter 90 then hit tab it shows 116.620156.

Nb. While writing this I have just tried changing the angle from the Hatching menu S3 angle and it works.

Older version of DataCAD 20.03.00.04
Thanks,
DaveR
Attachments
HatchSettingScreenShot.png
HatchSettingScreenShot.png (16.3 KiB) Viewed 11124 times
#80709 by Joseph Baron
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:11 pm
I input 45 on a randomly selected hatch (sacncr) and it showed half the value (58.3100780) of what Dave showed so apparently this affects all hatches?

I'll mention this in the Beta forum.
Attachments
DataCAD Embedded Hatch Patterns Angle.jpg
DataCAD Embedded Hatch Patterns Angle.jpg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
#80781 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:49 pm
Hi guys!

I tried duplicating this issue by changing a bunch of different drawing settings like Dir.Distance input, Drawing scale, Enlargement factor to mention a few. I was thinking sometimes a value for some of these types of settings can sometimes accidently get applied to another input parameter on the backend when a feature gets tweaked or upgraded, but I was not successful in finding a culprit. Does it happen in a new blank drawing?
#80782 by Joseph Baron
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:16 pm
Hey Josh, I tired a new 'no default' drawing and as long as the Angle Type is normal there seems to be no issue.

When I changed it to Dec Degrees it presented the same issue as shown above.

Then I changed it back to Normal and while the units changed, the numbers themselves did not.

So apparently this issue is created when the Angle Type is set to something else other than 'Normal', meaning that the angle type in the hatch manager is not getting converted correctly.
Attachments
DataCAD Hatch Manager not getting angles converted.jpg
DataCAD Hatch Manager not getting angles converted.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 11028 times