Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#81115 by Mark Bell
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:31 pm
I thought I had done this before, or had a macro, but haven't been able to find a quick solution. If there are multiple paragraphs of text entered using Alt + T with all text in upper case, is there a quick way to change everything to lower case? It would be even better to retain all words at the start of a sentence with upper case text when changing the main body of text to lower case.
#81117 by dhs
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:40 pm
My first thought was that my TextReplace macro could do this... but it's a while since I wrote it and my memory was obviously defective on the matter as the macro does not offer that option. I guess what you are after is 'Change > Text > All Lower' functionality. I don't remember if the old dhText macro offered this (probably not, but I don't even have a copy of the macro myself to check).

A couple of other macros have been mentioned over the years that might do it. I've never used either of them so don't know if they offer this funcitonality, but I think the macros are called 'Scrive' and 'SubText' so if you think you've done it before it might be worth checking if you have either of those in your toolbox ....
#81118 by Mark Bell
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:00 pm
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The first thing I tried was Change/text/AllCaps with no result, then what macros I have, including a couple of yours, and again with no result. In the end I just copied and pasted into a Word file, altered the text then copied and pasted back into DataCAD and adjusted the settings to suit. .... I feel certain though I've done this in the past within DataCAD, but....!
#81119 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:23 pm
I don't know of a way to do it in Datacad. I usually copy the text to Microsoft Word and use the Change Case dropdown button and select 'Sentance case.'
#81121 by Roger D
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:20 am
There is a macro "Scrive" that can change text case.
#81126 by Mark Bell
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:22 am
ORWoody wrote:Subtext lets one go either direction, but uppercase is already available within DCAD, as you know.

Thanks for this - seems like there's ample options available, if one asks~!
#81196 by melina
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:52 am
The dhText macro still does this very nicely, but like seemingly all the text editing macros, none of them work for Paragraph Text or Multi-text.