Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#82347 by mijenix
Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:11 pm
Is it possible to create a MACRO that would put a label on a door? I was thinking that the MACRO would have some area for configuring door size and height labels and then you would simply click the door and it would read the length of the door slab and then enter label at the corresponding angle of the door.
#82349 by dhs
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:55 pm
Hi mijenix,

What you are asking is possible (and probably not all that difficult) if you are using the old style doors. If you have Auto 3D enabled in the Architect Menu then it would not be that easy as is it not documented anywhere how to access the properties of the smart entities with a macro (Mark did give me some information about these entities a couple of years ago, and I was able to get some properties of walls but was never able to get complete details of wall voids or windows/doors etc using the details he provided). I may pester Mark for more details at some stage, but right now the required information is not available (I think Prasad may have the information, but he hasn't posted to this forum for a couple of years ...)

Rgds,
David H.