Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#574 by Wally
Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 pm
I have been using Datacad since DC8. I have yet to attain quality output from my service bureau. I am wondering what settings you have used to quality drawings? My lines tend to spread. I have reduced the pen widths to eliminate some of the problem. I am a little stumped. Any suggestions on settings, drivers or anything else would be appretiated.

Current settings are Pen Width 6 using HP750 to plot to file.
#575 by Paul Nida
Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:28 pm
I would suggest that you set your pen width to 1 and use pen tables to set your colors to pen widths. In the Plot menu, click F6 Pen Table and on the left side of the pop up dialog box is the Pen Assignment area. Set each color to a pen number. On the right side of the dialog box is the Pen Settings area. Set a pen width to each pen number, I recommend a range of .18 for thin pens to .9 or even 1.2 for thicker pens. If you don't need to print colored lines or use screened lines, click on the All Black button. You will have to experiment a little bit to get your pen widths right.