Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#7941 by Perfect Drafting & De
Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:13 pm
How do I cut and/or stretch 3d cylinders? Also, I want to angle cut the ends to. Is there a Macro for this? Can someone e-mail it to me??

Thanks,

Brian Dirkson
#7942 by Arthur Emmanuel
Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:19 pm
It is necessary to convert cylinders for polygons. Now it can use stretch and 3D knife.
#7947 by Perfect Drafting & De
Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:28 am
What is the fastest/easiest way to convert my existing cylinders to polygons??

Thanks
#7949 by Arthur Emmanuel
Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:09 am
To convert for polygons - access 3D Menus, 3D Edit, F9 Explode, F9 Polygons, and selects the cylinder.

To use 3D Knife - 3D Entity, F2 Polygons, S2 3D Knife. The cut is made in floorplan, at some moments is necessary to rotate in 3D.

But boolean it will go to simplify this process all at DataCAD 12.
#7951 by Perfect Drafting & De
Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:25 pm
Thanks, that works great!

Now, if you can just tell me why my Datacad closes itself 5 out of 10 times when I select "Object Viewer" from the view menu, you'd be my hero. :wink:

Thanks again!
#7959 by Nick Pyner
Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:32 pm
Perfect Drafting & De wrote:Now, if you can just tell me why my Datacad closes itself 5 out of 10 times when I select "Object Viewer" from the view menu, you'd be my hero.

That should not happen at all and is almost certainly some sort of stability problem. I've no idea what would specifically cause it but I think the best solution would be to re-install Datacad.
#7961 by Perfect Drafting & De
Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:01 pm
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. Turns out the problem was not really Datacad at all...I downloaded the new o2c viewer!! Not only does it not raytrace, but it also craps out my Datacad! Luckily I removed the file from my windows directory and re-installed the old viewer that was on the o2c site.

I suggest you all do the same!! The new one's garbage...why would you take out raytrace?

Thanks, and everyone visit my website, http://www.perfectdrafting.com, and click on the link at the top about 3d log shell if you what to see what all your help has let me acomplish in justa few short DAYS! lol I think I'll stick to 2d for a while, and continue to contract out my 3d....lol

Thanks
#7962 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:13 am
Hello,

I am not seeing your o2c model -- I did download the viewer for MS Internet Explorer, and it works on the o2c site. Normally, I use FireFox but they don't have a plugin for it, yet.
#7963 by Arthur Emmanuel
Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:42 am
Perfect Drafting & De wrote:
I suggest you all do the same!! The new one's garbage...why would you take out raytrace?

Perhaps because it was limited, it allowed only one light of the fixed sun come by the right . In compensation, the demo Arcon imports o2c from DataCAD and explores sun lights in some directions.

When the DataCAD will obtain to explore sun lights for o2c?
#7964 by Perfect Drafting & De
Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:56 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello,

I am not seeing your o2c model -- I did download the viewer for MS Internet Explorer, and it works on the o2c site.

Well this is another problem, This is quite a pain in the you-know-what.

I'll update the model HTML with the new o2c....no one visiting the site will use Raytrace anyways. Please let me know if you can see it now...
#7967 by Perfect Drafting & De
Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:08 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:G'Day,

I see it now -- but the auto-rotation starts with the ridge pointing down? :?

Man, everybodys a critic!! lol I'm pretty sure I've got it right now..... :)

Check it out!