Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#8518 by archmaxitaly
Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:52 am
Friends of Forum
I need change parametry in macro DCAS_AEC.dcx or Polilyne AREA for calcolate Area in metric style (not square feet) is it possible?
i wait your response
Thanks
Max - ITALY

datacad vers.9
#8535 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:46 pm
Two places to change from imperial to metric.

1. Settings - Scale Type. There you will find Metric, Meters, Centimeters, or Millimeter.

2. Measures - Area/Per - Scale Type. There you will also find Metric, Meters, Centimeters, or Millimeter.

Change both locations and you should have what you need.
#8551 by archmaxitaly
Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:14 am
Daniel Kaczor wrote:Two places to change from imperial to metric.

1. Settings - Scale Type. There you will find Metric, Meters, Centimeters, or Millimeter.

2. Measures - Area/Per - Scale Type. There you will also find Metric, Meters, Centimeters, or Millimeter.

Change both locations and you should have what you need.

Thanks for your response Daniel, but the problem is another. In Polyline or in dcad_aec.dcx the calculate of area is in SQUARE FEET and not change with general settings scale :-(
With occasion i send to you and the friends of forum a happy Xmas time
#8553 by Tony Blasio
Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:29 am
The Polylines have their own measurment settings. If you go to the Polyline Menu, select Edit, select Area/Per there is a button at F8 for ScaleType. Set this to the scale type you want.

Not sure about the DCAD_AEC macro though...
#8555 by archmaxitaly
Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:00 am
Tony Blasio wrote:The Polylines have their own measurment settings. If you go to the Polyline Menu, select Edit, select Area/Per there is a button at F8 for ScaleType. Set this to the scale type you want.

Not sure about the DCAD_AEC macro though...

Thank you Tony
In my Polyline macro (italian version) there isnt F8 button :-(
You can send me at email your macro file dcx ? please please ;-)
ah! i remember when your personal web site was the only support for me and my job with datacad (since vers. 6 - 1996) ;-)
thanks at all
Max

studio@massimospagnolo.com
#8556 by Martell
Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 am
Hello archmaxitaly,

You can´t change the settings if you don´t have the source code of the DCAD_AEC macro.
If you got the source code you must edit and recompile.
The macro is not written for metric system.

Tony does not mean the polyline macro.
Because I don´t know the italian translation, press in the beginning of DataCAD F0 then F7, S5 and then you see F8.

Martell
#8558 by Tony Blasio
Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:48 am
IF you are using DataCAD 11 the Polyline Macro is gone. It is now part of the Polyline Function under Curves. This is what I was referring to. Can't help with the macro since I don't even have it anymore.

Sorry :(