Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#8645 by Rob Hepburn
Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:13 am
Here's my deal. A client made changes to window grills. I need to changes 20 windows on four different elevations. HOW do I make changes in a few steps to change all window grilles on all the different layers.

This came up from getting advise from DC Users on "how to" " copy to multiple layers" in the Wish list forum. One DC user suggested I use templates as a way to make changes to multiple layers. I think this can be done in the template pallette that I don't use.

My problem is I have two different templates pallettes in DC. I believe this came from coping templates from older version of DC. I am not sure. One of the two I don't use. How do I transfer these templates from one palette to another so I can take advantage of the redefine toggle.

[/quote]
#8648 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:09 pm
Greetings Rob,

Are the windows symbols? If they are not exploded, all you need to do is to Redefine the units that are changing -- and this would change all the windows of the same type. Same thing for the colors; you can either Replace or Redefine one or all the instances of symbols.

Quick and easy. :wink:

Now, if they are not symbols, or they are exploded symbols -- nows the time to make each different unit into a symbol, and then insert them where needed. Then, in the future you can just reuse them, or if the client changes their mind again, you can just Redefine (or Replace) each symbol, and the whole drawing is updated! :)